Associate Director, Population Health
Scene’s 360° model of care enhances the gold standard of medication adherence, Directly Observed Therapy. Combining personalized video coaching, education, and motivational content, we bring healthcare professionals, patients, and their families together to solve the $500B medication nonadherence problem. Our mobile app allows patients to connect with a care team of pharmacists, nurses, and health coaches through daily video check-ins, anytime and anywhere. We make it fun for patients to stay on top of their medications, help them address medication challenges, and empower them to improve their health by addressing barriers to adherence related to social determinants of health.
Job Overview – Associate Director, Population Health
As our new Associate Director, Population Health, you will report to our Director of Patient Solutions and will serve as the face of Scene to our most strategic Health Plan clients. You will be tasked with achieving financial targets for your portfolio and proactively building strong, senior executive relationships with portfolio clients including Clinical and Business Leadership, Quality Leadership, and Case Management. You will create and lead strategic plans that map out the growth roadmaps for each client and look to be seen as a trusted partner by building trust and credibility. This is an individual contributor, with a preferred clinical background, who has an overall account responsibility while delivering financial goals. As we grow, there will be the opportunity to build and lead a strategic client team.
- Overseeing a Health Plan customer portfolio representing our most strategically essential growth clients.
- Developing and implementing strategic plans to meet key business objectives including increasing renewal rates and avoiding churn, identifying opportunities for up-sell to drive revenue growth, and supporting new business growth through greater customer advocacy and reference-ability.
- Providing strategic input to organizational strategy and operations in alignment with industry trends to drive program expansion, including account management processes.
- Assessing, optimizing, and reporting on key success metrics, including the size of eligible membership lists, member engagement, member medication adherence, member health outcomes, client renewals, and others as the business evolves.
- Refining definitions, processes, and delivery of customer metrics to demonstrate achievement of clinical, quality, and member satisfaction.
- Partnering with leadership to develop goals and objectives related to payer strategy and the management of the company's payer portfolio.
- Collaborating internally across several cross-functional teams (marketing, product, sales, and finance) to drive customer satisfaction and contract growth.
- Driving customer lifetime value by defining the customer journey; deploying programs to help drive business value with customers, customer goal achievement, new features, and new use cases.
- Representing the voice of the customer and influencing internal stakeholders by promoting a customer-centric mindset across the organization.
- Partnering very closely with our sales team to engage with leaders at prospective customers and existing customers to define goals and leverage our products and services to achieve them.
- Bachelor's degree
- Clinical degree (Nurse, Pharmacist) required
- Experience in quality group at a Medicaid/Medicare Managed Care Organization or comparable role preferred
- Extensive experience across various third-party payers including specific experience with Medicaid and Medicare programs
- Experience working with both provider and payer organizations is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading, implementing, and managing the financial performance of payer contracts and implementations
- Proven experience leading and growing sizeable complex client relationships in senior client engagement roles such as strategic client management, client success, enterprise sales executive, or equivalent.
- Proven track record in driving growth through significant, complex, long-term software and service contracts into payer organizations.
- Strong analytical abilities and fluency with healthcare data and Medicaid/Medicare metrics
- Collaborative style and history of partnering and driving activities across multiple organizations to achieve objectives.
- A strong customer advocate with the ability and willingness to engage directly with customers.
- Ability to communicate well with individuals, teams, partners, and at industry-level events.
- The skills to be a data-driven decision-maker, with a willingness to experiment and iterate.
- Effective and productive collaborator to drive cross-functional initiatives.
- Empathy, humility, and listening skills.
You’ll love this role if you are:
- Strong in problem-solving, communications, collaboration, research, and analytics.
- Results-oriented and thoughtful in your work style.
- Able to work autonomously from idea generation through project execution.
- Highly organized, efficient, able to prioritize, and manage a wide range of responsibilities.
- Able to consistently deliver high-quality work on time and in a manner that makes everyone want to work with you.
The biggest perk is that you will be working on a game-changing solution in healthcare with people who are talented, motivated, and passionate. Scene has impacted thousands of lives to date, but you will be integral in scaling that impact.
- Competitive salary
- 15 days vacation, paid sick leave, plus holidays
- Remote work with a budget for occasional travel for in-person team connectivity
- Health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Program
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
At Scene, the health and safety of our people are our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment in the U.S. for roles that require or include in-person activities and where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated (or agreeing to be fully vaccinated by the date of hire) against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request a reasonable accommodation.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We believe in reflecting the diversity of our customers and their patients in our team. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Scene is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental ability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.